POWER AWNINGS : AWNINGS
Power Awnings : Wooden Blinds For Windows : Shading Screen
- (awning) a canopy made of canvas to shelter people or things from rain or sun
- An awning or overhang is a secondary covering attached to the exterior wall of a building. It is typically composed of canvas woven of acrylic, cotton or polyester yarn, or vinyl laminated to polyester fabric that is stretched tightly over a light structure of aluminium, iron or steel, possibly
- A sheet of canvas or other material stretched on a frame and used to keep the sun or rain off a storefront, window, doorway, or deck
- (awning) A rooflike cover, usually of canvas, extended over or before any place as a shelter from the sun, rain, or wind; That part of the poop deck which is continued forward beyond the bulkhead of the cabin
- The capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events
- Political or social authority or control, esp. that exercised by a government
- The ability to do something or act in a particular way, esp. as a faculty or quality
- possession of controlling influence; "the deterrent power of nuclear weapons"; "the power of his love saved her"; "his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade"
- supply the force or power for the functioning of; "The gasoline powers the engines"
- (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
Nature Power Products 21090 Solar Umbrella and Awning Lights, 4 pack
Decorative solar powered light with candle design add ambience to any space in a safe, flame free and environmentally friendly way. Each light features a clip and a loop so that the lights can be strung to hang, clipped onto umbrellas or awnings or anywhere that needs some soft light. (String not included). Each light features an off switch and an internal light sensor that will turn the light on at night and off during the daytime. Each light has 1 rechargeable battery that is recharged by a solar cell that is built into the top of the light. The lights can also be set on a table as a safe alternative to a lantern. Each light will run up to 8 hours on a full charge. Each light is independent so can be used in different areas or all together. Made from heavy duty PVC plastic these lights are weatherproof and rust and corrosion resistant. length: 7.75. height: 3.5. width: 6.75
Grand Opening of Country Club Lanes, Sacramento: Powers, Daly and De Rosa (1960)
From my microfilm research: Two page ad for the Grand Opening of Country Club Lanes. Sacramento Union, February 21, 1960 pages 8 & 9.
"Unique! Exciting! Unbelievably Beautiful!
Yes . . . you'll scarcely believe your eyes when you get your first look at this remarkable new entertainment center! From the outside, you'll marvel at the gigantic parabolic and hyperbolic "awnings" reaching toward the sky. Once inside you'll literally catch your breath at the extravagant color and beauty of this huge, lavishly conceived bowl! Much, much more than a "bowl" actually! For, in addition to 48 gleaming lanes with the world's newest, most modern electronic equipment. there's a wealth of other facilities for ALL to enjoy . . . the spectacular Candlerock Lounge with its waterfall and revolving bandstand . . . the unique chuck wagon style dining room and coffee shop . . . the spacious billiard room . . . the Cypress Room for banquets and parties . . . even a "Romper Room," a wonderful supervised play area for the tiny tots! Here, under one roof, you'll discover a magical new concept in family recreation designed by Powers, Daly and De Rosa! By all means, see Country Club Lanes this weekend!"
CN #5640 and KCS #6619 With A Mixed Freight At Utica, NY, USA, 2000
Back in 2000, mixed power was still rare enough so that you could get other railfans' attention by photographing it. It is, after all, a bit odd to see a CSX freight in Utica, NY being pulled by locomotives from the Canadian National and the Kansas City Southern. The trailing locomotive is a bit old already by modern standards as the lead locomotive, an SD75I, is trailed by an SD40-3.
window blinds classic
lamp shade holders
toile chandelier shades
apache porch awning
how to do ceiling draping
retractable shade awning
aquarium canopy plans